Along with pastel-colored eggs and baskets of goodies, Easter has always meant good food.
Recipes with refined sugar may not be suitable for all diabetics. Your blood sugars should be under control and your daily meal plan must include the carbohydrate allowances per serving for each recipe containing refined sugar.
Below you’ll find a variety of Easter dinner worthy, diabetic friendly recipes. Mix and match to make your perfect Easter dinner.
Caramel Apples and Carrots
This low fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, diabetic friendly recipe.
3 cups sliced, peeled apples
1-1/2 cup peeled baby carrots
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons margarine
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/3 cup dried, tart cherries
Place apples, carrots, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until water starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes; drain. Add remaining ingredients, tossing gently until combined. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and apples are glazed.
Apple Glazed Pork Roast
* 2 pounds loin of pork
* 1/2 cup apple juice
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 small apple, peeled cored and sliced
1. Trim all the visible fat from the roast.
2. Place the meat on a rack set into a roasting pan.
3. Mix together the apple juice, sliced apple and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Pour the apple juice mixture over the meat. Cover.
5. Roast in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 70 minutes. Continue cooking and baste with pan juices for about 30 minutes or until glazed and the meat thermometer registers “well done for pork”.
Carrot Cake – A Perfect Diabetic Easter Cake Recipes
1/2 cup Grated carrot
1 1/4 cup Chopped dates
1 cup Raisins
1 1/3 cup Water
1/4 cup Applesauce,unsweetned
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground cloves
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
Recipe Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the carrots, dates, raisins, water, applesauce, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Stir the dry ingredients together. Combine the wqet and dry mixtures and stir until well blended.
3. spoon the batter into an 8×8″ nonstick cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.